| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| || | OUR DIABETIC LIFE
AUGUST 8, 2013 [Pharmacy] A trip to the pharmacy in drawings.
But when I called the pharmacy the automated system told me that the boys'' insulin prescriptions were filled and waiting for them at the pharmacy. I walked into the pharmacy and handed over the boys’ medical cards. When I left the pharmacy the sky was bluer.
| | OUR DIABETIC LIFE
NOVEMBER 3, 2016 [Pharmacy] A discussion with Eli Lilly about insulin prices.
This is what they want you to know: The spike in insulin pricing was spurred by the Pharmacy Benefits Managers. Eli Lilly explains the process like this: If they sell a $100 bottle of insulin to Pharmacy Benefits Manager for $40, the Pharmacy then sells the bottle of insulin to us for $100 and the Benefits Manager pockets the $60. Thankfully, our pharmacy benefits are not subject to meeting the deductible first.
| | OUR DIABETIC LIFE
JANUARY 9, 2017 [Pharmacy] Eli Lilly insulin, 40% off retail.
If you go to the website HERE and register (for free,) you can purchase your insulin with the 40% discount and then bring your electronic receipt to almost any pharmacy to pick up your insulin. You will need to have a prescription on file with your pharmacy though.
| | OUR DIABETIC LIFE
JULY 30, 2009 [Pharmacy] The Pharmacy
They don't like me at the pharmacy and really, I don't blame them. To be honest, I don't like them either. I think the main reason I am so bothersome to them is that I hold up lines with my big order. Three times insulin. Three times test strips. Three times glucagon. USUALLY what happens is I put in my order and the pharmacist is smart enough to see that all the boys use the exact same things. He USUALLY fills one boys complete order and then mails the other two boys.
OUR DIABETIC LIFE [Pharmacy] Rise Up
| WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2016
In Canada, you can walk into a pharmacy
and buy, over the counter, the same fast acting insulin my boys use for $35 a vial. The United States system is letting the Pharmacy
Benefit Managers, Pharma, and the Insurance Companies get away with all of this. I just received glucagon from our mail order pharmacy
. If you came here for an epiphany on how we can fix the Health Care System in the United States, I apologize forthwith. I don't have all the answers. MORE >>
OUR DIABETIC LIFE [Pharmacy] Magic always comes with a price.
| TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2016
And still, no one at our pharmacy
even knows what a Blood Ketone Meter is. I used to be an avid watcher of the ABC show “Once Upon A Time.” Within the show, the character Rumpelstiltskin could perform wonderful acts of magic, but never without first warning the person whose wish is being granted, “Don’t forget, magic always comes with a price.” As I look back at my meetings with Novo Nordisk and Medtronic last spring, I can’t help but feel conflicted. MORE >>
OUR DIABETIC LIFE [Pharmacy] A life of "probably"
| WEDNESDAY, JUNE 7, 2017
I called the pharmacy
to see if they’ve processed the order and they said they are waiting on a fax from our Endo with the approval. I’ve lived in this world of “probably” for the last 19 years. “He’s He’s probably ok.” “He He can probably get through the day safely.” “He’s He’s probably going to go low.” “He’s He’s probably going to need extra insulin.” That’s probably enough food.” And every single morning when I open my eyes: “He’s probably alive.” MORE >>
OUR DIABETIC LIFE [Pharmacy] I wanted you to know 6 years ago, and today too.
| TUESDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2016
is a nightmare too. Today is the sixth anniversary of the words I posted below. Today I want you to know that Diabetes isn’t the same in teenagers as it is in children. It isn’t the same in babies as adults. There are seasons to this disease, and where you are now is just that: a season. The worry will change and it will evolve. I want you to know that hard times don’t last forever. MORE >>
OUR DIABETIC LIFE [Pharmacy] Let's work for better.
| FRIDAY, MAY 5, 2017
It needs to become the norm for employers to challenge PBM’s (Pharmacy
Benefit Managers) on plan design. If the Grand Canyon was created by water, I wonder how my eyes have yet to become canyons themselves. Last night as the tears flowed uninterrupted, my husband held me knowing there was nothing he could say. He bounced his feet, rocking me into a relaxed state so my mind could sleep, and ultimately find a little rest. I worry so for my children’s future. MORE >>
- [Pharmacy] Tired OUR DIABETIC LIFE | THURSDAY, APRIL 7, 2016
- [Pharmacy] Our Diabetic Life 2013: A year in review OUR DIABETIC LIFE | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2013
- [Pharmacy] Five years a'blogging. OUR DIABETIC LIFE | THURSDAY, JUNE 19, 2014
- [Pharmacy] Love with a side of Polynesian Sauce OUR DIABETIC LIFE | THURSDAY, JUNE 19, 2014
- [Pharmacy] I want you to know something. OUR DIABETIC LIFE | MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2010
- [Pharmacy] Learning what it means to be a Friend for Life. OUR DIABETIC LIFE | MONDAY, JULY 9, 2012
- [Pharmacy] If you looked in our window. OUR DIABETIC LIFE | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
- [Pharmacy] Pink Floyd OUR DIABETIC LIFE | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2013
- [Pharmacy] Let's hear it for the boy! OUR DIABETIC LIFE | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2011
- [Pharmacy] Us against them? And my 6 things. OUR DIABETIC LIFE | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2010
- [Pharmacy] Our Diabetic Life: A Very Meri World. OUR DIABETIC LIFE | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2010
- [Pharmacy] Imagining an end to Our Diabetic Life. OUR DIABETIC LIFE | SUNDAY, MAY 16, 2010
- [Pharmacy] The one where I rant. OUR DIABETIC LIFE | THURSDAY, JULY 14, 2011
- [Pharmacy] Am I crazy to want them to distinguish between the two?! OUR DIABETIC LIFE | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2009
- [Pharmacy] Our job description: An eternal round of worry OUR DIABETIC LIFE | SUNDAY, MAY 29, 2011
- [Pharmacy] It’s the problem that never ends… OUR DIABETIC LIFE | MONDAY, MAY 24, 2010
- [Pharmacy] A post title without a swear word. OUR DIABETIC LIFE | TUESDAY, APRIL 20, 2010
- [Pharmacy] The straw that saved the camel's back OUR DIABETIC LIFE | MONDAY, JUNE 21, 2010
- [Pharmacy] My quest for liquid gold OUR DIABETIC LIFE | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2010
- [Pharmacy] Diabetically Overwhelmed. OUR DIABETIC LIFE | MONDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2009